I blame my inability to post on time these last two weeks solely because I was trying---keyword *trying*--to get better pictures of my blocks.

This involved the following....
-Searching for the camera
-Realizing the battery was dead (duh!)
-Searching for the charger
-Charging the battery
-Taking the pictures
-Discovering that I don't have a connector for my computer
-Searching the tangled heap of wires in our "drawer o'wires" for a mini USB
-Charging my dead laptop
-FINALLY getting the pictures online.

As you can imagine.....I didn't edit these like I wanted because by the time the pictures we actually ON my computer, the little voice in my head was going "Slacker! You haven't posted!"

Upon posting the pictures I realized.....with better pictures comes great embarrassment on my flops when it comes to these blocks--I'll explain this when I get to the culprit.

So here's Farmer's Wife Weeks 5-6

I tried to get a little more creative on the color combos side of things. I like the red and white combination but I have so many other colors that I want to make sure I take advantage of all the effects they can have on each other.

Economy is the perfect example of my color experimentation. I could have easily made a cream and *insert color here* block but I really wanted to see how these looked together. I was really happy with the results!

Cat's and Mice was a really simple one to complete. I was initially a bit overwhelmed with the prospect of piecing on the diagonal with such tiny pieces--something I don't have a lot of experience done. I'm sure I will I will be a pro after I do more and more of them for this.

Challenged myself with  End of Day since there were a few non triangle/square templates.

THIS is what I meant about embarrassment when it comes to better pictures. No amount of ironing will fix the wrinkles you see on this. I'm not sure exactly what happened. it started with a bunch of simple half square triangles and resulted in multiple seam rippings and re sewing....then seam ripping again. I think at one point I screamed in frustration....how can I mess of putting HALF SQUARE TRIANGLES together. This one is on my re-do if you have time list. *sigh*


After the triangles mishap I decided to stay cautious and made homeward bound. simple and sweet. I love the cream fabric with the pink flowers.

All in all I'm super happy with what I have been up with these guys. and you should be expecting a second update to catch me up tomorrow with Week 7-8 as well as proof that I'm working on other things that don't involve Farmer's Wife blocks! Here's a sneaky peak!



--Busy busy busy---
dre

0 Responses